Saturday, April 25, 2020

Our 'hit'

In this COVID-CHAOS we've all had a moment (or moments) where we feel like we've been hit by a tonne of bricks. Ours came this week when our flight to the US for our annual trip was canceled.

We logically knew we wouldn't be going to the US in June given the sh*t storm it is and the relative calm we have in AUS. See below for comparison stats




But that email that said "We are contacting you to advise that your itinerary has changed" was a gut punch. 

The subsequent 'itinerary change' did provide much comedy, though, as our return flight from the US hadn't been impacted and had us departing the US before we would have arrived!

Updated itinerary for getting to the US
Original itinerary in full
I phoned and immediately reached a human - wow! - who graciously canceled and directed me to the online refund request form, which is already being processed. 

(It should be noted that I was disappointed to reach a human so quickly as I LOVE their hold music! You're welcome.)

Maybe by October I'll be able to visit for my niece's Bat Mitzvah, but not holding my breath.

Much love πŸ’• from Down Under πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί Stay safe and be sane, 'Murica πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

No comments:

Post a Comment